🔕 🔔

idiot needs help!!!!!!!!

my husband went a little crazy in the meat department at whole foods and bought us a stuffed salmon roll. I have no clue how to cook it. any ideas? and if anyone has a good sauce for fish please let me know....was going to serve it with wild rice and green beans.

asked by iheartjuliachild almost 6 years ago

3222e90f e19b 4a5d adef 484469d6fc8e  coit

its stuffed with lobster, shrimp, crab....

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I'd roast it at about 400F for 10 minutes per inch and probably serve with bernaise sauce. While roasting, baste it with a little melted butter mixed with white wine.

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Roasting that high will cause the albumen to leak out.

I've had that once. I think I'd make a light veloute for it. with a little fresh tarragon or dill and (dry, white)vermouth.

A sorrel sauce is great with a dish like this (provided you can find fresh sorrel). Or per ChefJune, dill is a good salmon complimentary herb. Tarragon I think is a little too assertive. Fennel tops are excellent also if you can buy your fennel from a place that doesn't hack off the top.

PS I'm glad your husband went nuts at Whole Foods. I own stock in the company and right now their earnings look pretty good.