A question about a recipe: Traditional Fondue Fribourgeois - Legendary and Original

D15acf1e 292f 430b 9f56 3748ffdd4c4a  2018 0221 traditional fondue fribourgeois 3x2 edit rocky luten 032

I'm going to make this with a gruyere/emmenthaler combo - can I substitute flour for cornstarch?

asked by alimarcus almost 7 years ago

wssmom

It is not my recipe, but I have used flour in fondues before; just make sure it is thoroughly dissolved in the kirsch before you add it

rabino

Sure, but the viscosity won't be the same. It is a pity though that you are using emmentaler...

LE BEC FIN

i have never used cornstarch myself. i have always used 5 cups grated cheese and 1/4 cup flour, tossed together and added to the wine a bit at a time. no problem w/ any uncooked flour taste.