🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Traditional Fondue Fribourgeois - Legendary and Original

Fe7536eb 6ad2 4329 822b 1dea5a8bdbab  022211f 489

I'm going to make this with a gruyere/emmenthaler combo - can I substitute flour for cornstarch?

asked by alimarcus over 5 years ago

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

It is not my recipe, but I have used flour in fondues before; just make sure it is thoroughly dissolved in the kirsch before you add it

Sure, but the viscosity won't be the same. It is a pity though that you are using emmentaler...

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

i have never used cornstarch myself. i have always used 5 cups grated cheese and 1/4 cup flour, tossed together and added to the wine a bit at a time. no problem w/ any uncooked flour taste.