🔕 🔔

Is it safe to eat winter squash (butternut) raw? Like shaved in a salad? What about sweet potato?

asked by m1800 over 5 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Don't see why not. Good fiber too. Sweet potato julienned with a dip is tasty too.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Yes you can and it is delicious. Here is a recipe from Bittman a great raw butternut squash salad with raisins and ginger http://www.nytimes.com....

In the raw food world, which is also vegan, there is nothing that cannot be eaten raw. And raw is preferred because of health benefits. I consider myself a flexitarian and I have several raw food recipe books I use all the time.

27e464b9 6273 420b 9546 d6ed6ae12929  anita date
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

Raw sweet potato is one of my favorite things to put in salad! Check out my cooking video where I make a collard green & sweet potato caesar salad with miso ginger dressing: http://electricbluebaking...

Bf548473 bc17 4fee a1b7 5c0df8c30031  miso cesar