🔕 🔔

How do you cook pork shoulder in a crock pot? What rub and liquid do you use?

asked by Bek over 5 years ago

164ae6cf b233 45ae a461 8d7543fae705  melissa mitchell

I cut it into big chunks and throw in an onion, some garlic, dried oregano and salt and pepper. No liquid, low for 8-9 hours. I use this recipe as a guide -- http://m.epicurious.com...

I use the meat for carnitas as the recipe suggests, and because the seasonings are pretty "generic" I've mixed the pork into marinara and called it weeknight meat sauce, mixed it with our favorite BBQ sauce for sandwiches and made enchiladas. There's some in my freezer right now, in fact.

5077f0a5 6340 4405 8205 c35264c22d55  313209 2493694741674 1231978067 33008415 1220700979 n

I agree with MTMitchell... Here's the recipe I use:

http://www.100daysofrealfood...

Slow cooked pork shoulder is an incredible, delicious platform to work from and it doesn't have be reduced to tacos. You can give it a Korean spin, or Carolinas, Chinese dimsum. What flavors do you want to get back from it? Barbecue,? Tacos are boring.