🔕 🔔

Have some unopened foie gras mousse which I don't have an immediate use for. How well will that freeze?

asked by Rascal over 5 years ago

B1ff7c6d 1bd4 41c2 a1a7 c1080efe383f  cathybarrow allrecipes e 2014
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

Unfortunately, mousse, I think because of the whipped egg white base, won't freeze well.

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Unopened? I don't see a reason why the refrigerator won't hold it for the time being.

Did you buy it? The packaging should tell you a sell by date and you should have a few data to a week after that to use it. You can always call the company about freezing.
If you made it, a recipe might let us help you better as to freezing.

I've had it for a little while and don't anticipate using it anytime soon. I'd hate to have spent so much money on it to just throw it away and there is too much to use in one or two meals. It is Hudson Valley Foie Gras Bloc Foie Gras.