A question about a recipe: Okonomiyaki

C8141b5b 2e34 42fc 8cdd 09273b032dbb  2016 1102 okonomiyaki james ransom 219

I can't eat hot/spicy food. Any suggestions for a sriracha replacement? This recipe looks fabulous, but I'd think the sauce would be pretty bland without something to add a distinctive flavor.

asked by debearly over 6 years ago

Totally ok to skip the sriracha; in its place, I'd add a little grated ginger.

debearly

Thanks for the super-fast reply! Gonna make this tonight with cabbage I have left over from another dish. Love Food52!!

meganvt01

I make MIdge's recipe all the time - and for my 2 year old who doesn't like spicy - I'll add toasted sesame oil to the mayo/soy mixture in lieu of the srirachi. A sweeter idea would be a thai sweet chili sauce instead.