Name about three recipes for kale

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer almost 7 years ago

Mr_Vittles

Braised Kale, Kale Chips, & Beef, Barely, and Kale stew.

babytiger

I second kale chips, add kale and sausage soup and saute kale

Panfusine

Kale paneer, Kale tempura, Kale stir fry with coconut..

PistachioDoughnut

I like to make paranthas -Indian Flatbreads from Kale. You can take some boiled potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger and g.chillies and steamed kale or may be chopped raw kale is also OK, season it well and make a stuffing. Don't boil Kale , because boiling decreases the sulphoraphane from it.
Make dough from whole wheat. Roll out small rounds and stuff this filling and close it like a dumpling and roll it again and then shallow fry/roast them on griddle. Enjoy it with some plain yogurt.

SeaJambon

Wash, remove from stems, spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, and place in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. A very crunchy and healthy alternative to potato chips. Surprisingly yummy.

Or, wash, place in pan on stove on MH heat with olive oil, when almost cooked down (very quick - about 5 minutes) shake some balsamic vinegar and seasonings to taste. I've amazed people who knee jerk that kale is awful with this one. Also works well with all the chards.

Or, include in a sausage/bean (or lentil) soup. Depending on the type of kale, it can hold its flavor and a bit of texture that is a really nice contrast.

That's three -- all quickly off the top of my head. Kale is an underappreciated, highly nutritious, veggie. I have friends who are big into juicing and smoothies (I'm not) and they swear that adding kale amps up the nutrition with little flavor impact. I have to go with their word on that one.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Out of this world: http://www.aspenmagazine.com/article/dish-du-jour

PistachioDoughnut

I loved this recipe ..it looks really awesome..I am going to try it.

BoulderFoodie

Baked Kale Chips, Kale wrapped dates with almonds, mmmmm, and Kale apple smoothie. Love the latter.

petitbleu

Raw kale salad--de-rib and thinly slice kale, add lemon juice, olive oil, s&p, and feta. Let sit for a couple hours, and the kale will soften. Sometimes I even add golden raisins or toasted pumpkin seeds.

Easy sautéed kale--saute some onions and garlic; add cumin seeds (whole); throw in your washed, de-ribbed kale with some water still clinging to the leaves; let cook about 5 minutes; at the end, pour in about 3 tablespoons lemon juice or cider vinegar.

Kale gratin--steam or blanch kale until slightly tender and bright green; place in a shallow baking dish; pour cream over (the amount will depend on how much kale you use); sprinkle salt and pepper; bake at 350 until the cream has reduced and all is bubbly and thickened; sprinkle fresh bread crumbs over and small cubes of butter; broil until very brown and bubbly.