Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

How to reduce pepper in soup?

I put too much pepper in the soup and it is overwhelming. How can I reduce that pepper taste?

asked by Hurley almost 5 years ago
B8f19483 b6dd 4ee8 b288 d1e5d79af410  face

There isn't much you can do, but my method would be to create another 1/2 batch or 50% more of the soup without seasoning. Add to what you already have and the pepper flavor will be weakened.

79fe99ab 9095 4d5b 9f2c 9611b8f93bba  food

You can try adding a few potatoes pealed and chopped in large chunks let them cook and soak up the seasoning then discard them. This method works well for salvaging an over salted soup but it should at least help a little with your pepper predicament.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.