🔕 🔔

Chia seed problems

I've been eating chia seeds lately...around an ounce a day on my greek yogurt as I've heard they're so good for you. That being said, next week, I have a drug screen with a new employer coming up. Does anyone know if this causes a positive result? I've heard poppy seeds do this and now I'm really nervous!

asked by skittle over 5 years ago

They are unrelated. Poppy seeds come from the plant that produces Opium, so that's why you can get a positive. To be comfortable, you might like to suspend the chia seed eating this week, but I'm sure there is nothing to be concerned about. Google it.