I accidentally bought pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree. Does anyone use the filling for anything other than pie? Oatmeal? Custard? Cakes? Recipes on the internet are sparse.

asked by Jaime about 8 years ago

I'd suggest oatmeal, ice cream and pudding.

fancyprincess12

You should be able to use it anywhere you would use plain pumpkin, it will just be already sweetened. I always put canned pumpkin in my oatmeal, then add a little brown sugar. You shouldn't have to add anything. Good luck!

DebJ

Try a pumpkin "bread" - similar to a banana or zucchini loaf. You won't need the extra seasoning. Toss in some toasted walnuts and you've got a great breakfast snack. Here's a link to an old recipe I still use. It's delicious.
http://grandmasvintagerecipes.blogspot.com/2008/12/pumpkin-pecan-bread.html