🔕 🔔

I accidentally bought pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree. Does anyone use the filling for anything other than pie? Oatmeal? Custard? Cakes? Recipes on the internet are sparse.

asked by Jaime almost 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I'd suggest oatmeal, ice cream and pudding.

You should be able to use it anywhere you would use plain pumpkin, it will just be already sweetened. I always put canned pumpkin in my oatmeal, then add a little brown sugar. You shouldn't have to add anything. Good luck!

D640141f 822f 4a52 856d b12de6fadb9f  dinner

Try a pumpkin "bread" - similar to a banana or zucchini loaf. You won't need the extra seasoning. Toss in some toasted walnuts and you've got a great breakfast snack. Here's a link to an old recipe I still use. It's delicious.
http://grandmasvintagerecipes...