🔕 🔔

Re: preserved lemons. Recipe calls for pulp of 1 lemon, but the ones I have are the size of a ping pong ball so not much yield. Is this typic

51d83979 42b5 4a66 b288 a63ef8cd257c  preserved lemons.recipe calls for pulp of 1 lemon but the ones i have are the size of a ping pong ball so not much yield.is this typical

Just need to know whether I should use more than one...

asked by Craiger1ny about 6 years ago

The size is fine. But funny, recipes generally call for the rind, often discarding what in a fresh lemon would be referred to as the pulp. I don't know your recipe, but I'd probably just add one whole one or the rind of one, cut or mashed up.

jacksonholefoodie

I have used the pulp of my preserved lemons puréed into salad dressing, like in lemony cease salad, and it adds great depth of lemoniness. But I think you could skip it it. It is almost over-the-
top lemony.