🔕 🔔

Re: preserved lemons. Recipe calls for pulp of 1 lemon, but the ones I have are the size of a ping pong ball so not much yield. Is this typic

51d83979 42b5 4a66 b288 a63ef8cd257c  preserved lemons.recipe calls for pulp of 1 lemon but the ones i have are the size of a ping pong ball so not much yield.is this typical

Just need to know whether I should use more than one...

asked by Craiger1ny over 5 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

The size is fine. But funny, recipes generally call for the rind, often discarding what in a fresh lemon would be referred to as the pulp. I don't know your recipe, but I'd probably just add one whole one or the rind of one, cut or mashed up.

07825364 abc5 42f5 bd7f f2a77f00dff0  20090907 jackson 8

I have used the pulp of my preserved lemons puréed into salad dressing, like in lemony cease salad, and it adds great depth of lemoniness. But I think you could skip it it. It is almost over-the-
top lemony.