🔕 🔔

bread crumbs

Am out of bread/crumbs, etc, and need just enough to coat a baking pan for lemon cake. Can I crush panko very finely, and use? Any other suggestions?

asked by carol_tanenbaum over 5 years ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Is it a savory cake? Panko seems savory. Any cookies or sweet crackers in your house?

Can you just butter and flour? Maybe even line with parchment first and then butter and flour.

I thought about that -- but it's being glazed after, and I just didn't want flour-ish gum. The panko worked fine. And for sure, I'm making bread crumbs this week! Thanks.