🔕 🔔

Apple pie

I am making an apple pie but don't have lemon juice. I read that I could sub vinegar. Is this correct and how much for 2 tbsp of lemon juice?

asked by foidivin over 5 years ago

Yes, the vinegar will work. Apple cider, if not, then white, Same amount. (You can omit altogether. Serve ice cream or slice of cheddar with warm pie. No one will notice missing lemon juice.

385c6cdd ac2c 418d 8565 261692e2c3e9  img 0007
Kt4

You could also use a touch of orange juice, or any acid really. A couple months ago, I threw together an apple crisp and didn't have anything to keep the apples from turning brown [I wasn't baking it right away] so randomly decided to add a bit of something I found in the fridge which contains lime. It worked great and the flavor turned out really good too! The secret? ready-to-drink Mojito, lol.

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

1:1 Ratio is fine.