"flat" vs round corned beef brisket

What is the difference and which one is better? Any brands you like

asked by cookbythebay over 6 years ago

allans

I also like the "flat cut" much better flavor!

Mr_Vittles

Brands? Find your local butcher.

ChefOno

To be clear, the fat I'm referring to is internal marbling. Both cuts should have a substantial fat cap which should remain on during cooking. After that, any way you slice it, it will be delicious.

lapadia

Also found on the Hotline, re: your question...from last year:

http://www.food52.com/hotline...

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I like the round cut often called the "point". It's not as lean as a flat but has so much flavor. We have a local purveyor here in SE Michigan, Wigley's - best corned beef I've ever made!

SallyBroff

Be careful that you are buying brisket corned beef. Sometimes they corn the round, which is terrible.