🔕 🔔

What is the difference btw "corned" beef brisket & beef brisket?

Can I use a "corned" beef brisket recipe for "beef brisket"?

asked by ubs2007 over 5 years ago

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

My gut reaction is the same as Susan's but I can't think of any reason you couldn't try it if you were so inclined. The results would certainly be something other than what the recipe intended though, and I'd avoid adding any additional salt until near the end.

I would NEVER use corn beef for a brisket of beef recipe. The corn beef has been treated and would be radically different in taste from the recipes intent.