🔕 🔔

chocolate ganache separated

How to save glaze once the cream separated while making chocolate ganache

asked by shahira about 6 years ago

Hunh, I've never had that happen. How exactly did you make the ganache? I'd try gently heating over water or in short spurts in the microwave, then whisking like crazy.

Eva Kosmas Flores

Yeah, I would think that either the mixture wasn't hot enough to melt all together, or it was too hot and the chocolate burned. In which case it wouldn't really be salvageable, unfortunately.

lapadia

How to fix a broken ganache...link might be of some help:
http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_8354715_fix...

It may seem counterintuitive, but adding more warm (not hot) cream may bring it back together.

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

Put it in a blender and let 'er rip on high speed while you trickle in a little water. That always works for me!

magsss

This just saved my ganache which was completely separated and I though it will go to the bin. Very efffective!!! Thanks Anita

shahira

putting in a food processor and adding more cream saved it