March 14 (3.14) pie day?

What pie should I make?

asked by lorigoldsby over 6 years ago

Oh how fun, we should all make a pie and post pics. Something springy maybe? Too bad berries are not in season yet.

celery, LOL!

BoulderGalinTokyo

sdebrango, I did get a celery pie up--sorry I didn't make it in time. So easy to bake the thing, then uploading the recipe is 4X harder. (@^--^@)/

Oh, Lori, I love you for thinking of this.

Panfusine

I second Drbabs! fab idea!

Ife
Ife

Great idea! Mmm pie

BoulderGalinTokyo

In Japan, it's White Day--made up by the candy manufacturers to increase sales. Everyone that received chocolate on Valentine's Day, is supposed (obligation?) to return in kind so White chocolate became the choice. Maybe White Chocolate Pie with PI symbol in middle?

yes, great idea, Lori!

did you guys see the ad on the front page of the website: http://www.pieitforwardcookbook...

and also, my favorite pie cartoon: http://www.weebls-stuff...

Yes, at last a food52 ad we can get behind! Happy PI Day, everyone!

Panfusine

HAP-PI Pie day everyone!

alienor

do people know why it is pi day. the digits for pi start out as 3.141.............. so the date 3/14 has become known to math people and others in the know as Pi day. thought this might be of interest to some curious cooks