What's the best cookie sheet?

What's the best all-around cookie sheet? I'm in serious need of an upgrade from my 15 year old supermarket versions!

asked by Louisa Barash over 6 years ago

ATG117

I use calphalon. But anything sturdy and non-stick that does not have too dark a coating. When the coating is too dark, the cookies brown too quickly.

gary12401

Go to your local restaurant supply store and buy the professional quarter sheet pan, usually very inexpensive and will be really useful for most things. I also agree that a silpat is very useful.

gigiaxline

Costco also stocks basic restaurant supply type quarter sheet pans. They usually come in a double pack and are very durable & inexpensive.

Mr_Vittles

Vollrath is great, but the best is the made by Lincoln Wearever. They are heavy and will not warp in the oven. They were also voted best by America's Test Kitchen, if that means anything to you.

ubs2007

Use a silpat! It's the wonder cookie sheet. No sprays, easy to clean. The French developed it and it's made of silicon. (Need to figure out whether it's safer than aluminum.)