I need a good recipe for cookies that I can use with cookie cutters and cookie icing. I was thinking sugar cookies would be best. Any recommendations?

asked by eet1991 about 8 years ago

alitris

My sister-in-law's sugar cookie recipe is the best I've ever had.

Dianne Nilsson's Sugar Cookies

3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cubes butter
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients in large mixing bowl
Cut softened butter in with knife and mix
Push to one side of the bowl and mix eggs and vanilla on the empty side
Mix all together
(or just use the Kitchen-aid)
Chill dough for at least 3 hours

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes

*I roll them out pretty thick (maybe like 1/4 inch) and use plenty of flour on the rolling pin and surface where you are rolling them out

Buttercream

1/2 cup butter
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 Tb half and half

eet1991

great! thanks! what is the equivalent of 2 cubes butter?

alitris

Sorry - it's 2 sticks, 1 cup. I meant to change that. I just cut & pasted from hers :)

eet1991

thanks for the recipe! i made them today and they are delicious!!!

alitris

So glad!