🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: The Snake Bite

Fcb59cfe 7b3d 4ca8 b374 f58fe3e6dada  food52 12 20 11 5389

I have a question about the ingredient "fermented pear cider (I like Ace's)" on the recipe "The Snake Bite" from arielleclementine.

Any good substitutions for fermented pear cider? Can't seem to find it at a regular grocery store. Would Pear Brandy or the French Poire William be good? Thanks!

asked by alaparc almost 6 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Another hard cider would be closest to what's in the recipe, but I think your even harder options would be good--I'd cut the amount way down to just a splash. By the way, Ace Cider looks like a pretty cool place, and it's in a traditional apple-growing area: http://www.acecider.com/