🔕 🔔

Greek desserts?????

My son volunteered me to provide a Greek dessert as part of a middle school social studies project. With 1 days notice and our local specialty market/bakery out of baklava, I am looking for suggestions. It needs to be portable, appeal to 13 year olds and not terribly time consuming/difficult due to my lack of time. HELP!!!!!

asked by lumberqueen over 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Try making "Fastest Baklava Ever." It really cuts down on the work involved in making a traditional baklava. http://food52.com/recipes...
Otherwise check this out for ideas: http://greekfood.about...
Perhaps one of the cookie recipes would be good?

I have a great quickie Baklava recipe, but unfortunately I'm not at the computer it's on. So Sorry. I do think though, that a cookie such as Kourabiedes or Koulourakia would be easier, faster, and possibly better liked by the kids.

Loukomades. They are easy to make and transfer pretty well. Just make sure you don't make them TOO far ahead or they will get soggy. Still delicious though.

Sounds delicious! Do you have a good recipe?

7c4e3778 a9ef 4b22 a4b5 bb759212c530  dsc 6356

Kok - are cookies filled with pastry cream dipped into sugar syrup and then glazed with choclate - yum... easy to make and easy to carry also..and kids would like it ..or dipples - are dip fried pastry with sugar syrup , or another nice dessert that I really like is Samali - a semolina and almond dessert...I have tried all these at a very nice bakery in Astoria known as Artopolis..

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

RAVANI is a terrific and easy farina cake with ground almonds and citrus juice and zest. Cream of wheat=farina; in cereal aisle of markets.

The ravani is really good. If you are desperate for something easy, though, what about Greek yogurt, thyme honey, and walnuts?

Ditto! Just had dessert at Avra in midtown Manhattan. Dessert of greek yogurt, homemade honey and cherry preserves was incredible. Saved some for my 4 yr old who LOVED it!