🔕 🔔

Almond meal/flour

Bob's Red Mill has a product labeled almond flour/meal that is expensive (11.00 a bag) so I have been researching how to make it myself from almonds. My two questions are: what is the difference between almond flour and almond meal? I see the terms used interchangeably but also saw a recipe on this site that implies the are different. Second question is if I need to blanch the almonds before grinding? Looks like it is best to use a blender vs. a food pro so any comments on that would also help. Thanks for the help.

asked by pianogirl over 5 years ago

B5d4c31e d9a4 4f0e ae4e ecaa0cf95de6  dsc 0253 2
Miranda Rake

Miranda is a contributor at Food52.

We actually have a great video demonstrating how to make Almond meal & with some general info : http://www.food52.com/blog...