A question about a recipe: Vegetarian Pad See Ew

Fe5602b7 b03b 498c 922c 6bbac9de6897  pad see

Is there a substitute for black soy sauce? I have a host of other Asian ingredients in my cabinet but don't think I have time to go to the Asian market before dinnertime

I have a question about the ingredient "black soy sauce (see introduction for details)" on the recipe "Vegetarian Pad See Ew" from SmallKitchCara.

asked by molls to the wall over 6 years ago

Darlene Carrigan

In a pinch, I would substitute dark soy with tiny splash of molasses and a pinch of dark brown sugar. It shouldn't be sweet, but have a sweet molasses-y after taste.

healthierkitchen

maybe kecap manis?

LE BEC FIN

i think darlene is right, but i think she meant to say substitute dark soy with soy plus molasses.