Caputo 00 for Bread Flour

I ran out of bread flour. Can I substitute Caputo 00 pizza flour since it has more protein than All Purpose, or do I just use All Purpose? I am making ciabatta.

asked by softpunk over 6 years ago

I usually use all purpose for ciabatta because it has less protein than bread flour.

Sorry but meant to add that 00 flour should also work fine if that's what you have.

softpunk

Done. I just pulled the loaves out of the oven. They look really great. Hopefully they look just as good inside!

Thank you.

bobbie joh

It should improve your loaf! And congrats on finding this flour - i can only find it at whole foods! Its specifically for breadmaking

And of course 00 is also great for pasta making.

softpunk

There is a great little Italian market in a residential neighbourhood in Vancouver that carries it. They do a lot of bulk foods for restaurants and sell some of the extras to the public. It's pretty amazing.

The bread turned out perfectly. It's so chewy and the crust is crisp without being tough or hard. It's the ciabatta recipe Boulangere posted on her site. It was super fun to make. It's a keeper.