Cupcakes

What's one of your best cupcake recipe? I want a classic.

asked by ChefCharlotte over 6 years ago

angiegeyser

I made these for my son's birthday and they were delicious:

http://m.foodnetwork.com/recipes/recipe/35906

Yuuki

What occasion? My favorite kind of cupcakes are cheesecakes. Here's my favorite recipe for baked cheesecake recipe:

(Please keep in mind this is adapted from a cake recipe, so I adjusted the time for baking, but not the temp. Keep an eye on these while they are baking--if they smell done and are yellowing, they are done!!)

Ingredients:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup cream cheese
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions:
1 Make sure the butter and cream cheese are at room temperature. Line the cupcake pan with cup cake liners
2 Put the graham crackers in a plastic bag and roughly crush with a rolling pin.
3 Soften the butter and mix with the graham cracker crumbs.
4 Pour the graham cracker mix into the bottom of the pan and press down lightly to make
the base. Preheat the oven to 340 F.
5 In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until soft, then all the rest of the
ingredients, in order, mixing each one thoroughly first before adding the next.
6 Continue until the mixture thickens, and then pour into the cupcake pan, on top of the
graham cracker base, fill to 2/3rds full. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
7 Once it has cooled, remove cupcakes from the pan, and leave on a rack to
cool completely.