A question about a recipe: Banana Cake with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting

5fbdfd0b 6fc8 434f 9ea8 87e269e0e3fe  bananacake3

How can I turn this into a sheet cake? Will this volume of batter work in a 13 x 9 pan? What temperature and time adjustments are necessary?

asked by Randi over 6 years ago

Joy of Cooking has a page on converting cake pans to different shapes, which I find very helpful. If you don't have Joy, maybe this will help: http://allrecipes.com/howto...

A 13x9 pan is quite large and this recipe calls for 2 9 inch round pans. In my opinion this recipe would be fine baked in the sheet pan. If you see the pan is too full just bake a few cupcakes with the excess batter, I do that all the time.