A question about a recipe: Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough Can I make and use two days later, as opposed to one?

51006ece 27c9 4bd0 8cd2 b3efda667fcc  food52 01 30 12 3449

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough" from Genius Recipes. It says:

"Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and allow it to rise at room temperature (about 72°) for 18 hours or until it has more than doubled. It will take longer in a chilly room and less time in a very warm one."

asked by Pepper Millikin over 6 years ago

Sure, but I would check on it -- if it's more than doubled in size in a single day (i.e. if the room is on the warmer side) you may want to store it in the fridge to slow the rise for the next day, then allow it to come back down to room temperature before baking.

GourMel

I made the dough yesterday around 8:00 am. I checked this morning (roughly 24 hours later) and the dough, while larger, did not look ready (looked dry and there were no bubbles at the surface) so I left it at room temp. Granted my apartment is probably a few degrees cooler than when I've previously made it, but has it been rising too long? Should I throw it out and start from scratch?

I've made the no kneed bread dough before and had a problem with the four.
I live in the south and our standard AP flour is very soft. Gold Medal specifically is what I used. A cup of USDA flour is 125g/cup.
A cup of Gold Medal is 130g/Cup.
That diffrence was enough to through things off. So if you weigh...translate the cups to the right flour in grams. And use the resulting grams.
http://www.recipesource.com/misc/hints/flour-weights01.html

The Odd thing that the 500g/3.75 gives the flour used as 133g/cup which is neither USDA or GM AP flour. (?)
487 would be 3.75 cups of Gold Medal.
and 469g USDA AP flour (rounded up).
See there will be math.