🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Potato and Pork Confit Cakes with Wilted Napa Cabbage and Cress Slaw

9ff7c2a2 d5c6 4bfc b006 d5c4914d4fd9  pork confit potate pancake

Is their a substitute that could be used for the walnuts and walnut oil? I have a nut allergy.

asked by ctawresey over 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

You could use olive oil in place of the walnut oil, or a mix of pumpkin seed and olive oil (walnut oil has a delicate flavor, whereas the pumpkin seed is strongly flavored.) You could just omit the walnuts or use pepitas or pine nuts in place of them.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Are you allergic to pumpkin seeds? If not, I think toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) would be great with cabbage slaw.

I would just sub plain old vegetable oil or olive oil for the walnut oil.

Thanks guys! I can do pumpkin seeds (but not pine nuts), so I will trie that!

Thanks guys! I can do pumpkin seeds (but not pine nuts), so I will try that!