🔕 🔔

I just ran out of AP flour. I have cake and bread flour in my pantry. What ratio can I mix the two to make AP for cookies?

asked by Julie,Le over 5 years ago

Use a combination of 40% cake flour and 60% bread flour. Be sure to sift them together. I wrote a blog post about using a calculation known as a Pearson's square to calculate such a blend, if you care to take a look at it for future reference: http://wp.me/p27pPl-9J

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I agree with boulangere.

For chewy cookies, definitely use a bit more bread flour than cake flour. not sure what type of cookies you are making, but higher gluten is key in a chewy cookie.