🔕 🔔

What is a low sodium baking soda substitute?

I'm trying to find an alternative to use in baking (primarily breads) for baking soda that is low sodium. I've found no sodium baking powder products, but haven't found any solution for baking soda in the store. Any suggestions would be helpful!

asked by smm145 over 5 years ago

For breads, of course, you could focus on yeast breads rather than baking powder/baking soda breads. Also, though I have never used it, one can get an old-fashioned leavening agent called ammonium carbonate (or ammonium bicarbonate) from sources such as King Arthur Flour; you could call them and ask if it would work for your recipes.