🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Creamy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

98de5665 2af2 4388 9a0d 603270a51570  022310f 467

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Creamy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms" from ADRIENE. It says:

" Now put the baking dish in a pre-heated oven at 375 degress for roughly 45 minutes or until the cheese on top is golden brown. (This dish can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and put in the cooler unitl you are ready to put in the oven.)"

The mushrooms were already cooked, and the sausage was already browned but the last step states to bake assembled for another 45 minutes. Why is the additional 45 minutes required? I would think it only needs a few more minutes to melt the cheese.

Thanks for your help... and I LOVE your website!

asked by bigasiangirl over 5 years ago

Dc6dab61 0a80 4308 b0cf d5d06d9d7ac1  kroka kitchen

Hmm. I am not a stuffed mushroom expert, but 45 minutes at 375 degrees does seem like a lot of heat. One comment below the recipe stated that the mushrooms did dry out a little and another said that broiling them at the end browned the cheese a little better than baking. Why not check every ten or 15 minutes? Maybe taste one if you think it looks done. I'm sure the type of oven (gas/electric) is also a factor.