A question about a recipe: Creamy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Creamy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms" from ADRIENE. It says:

" Now put the baking dish in a pre-heated oven at 375 degress for roughly 45 minutes or until the cheese on top is golden brown. (This dish can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and put in the cooler unitl you are ready to put in the oven.)"

The mushrooms were already cooked, and the sausage was already browned but the last step states to bake assembled for another 45 minutes. Why is the additional 45 minutes required? I would think it only needs a few more minutes to melt the cheese.

Thanks for your help... and I LOVE your website!

• 1 Comment
98de5665 2af2 4388 9a0d 603270a51570  022310f 467
Recipe question for: Creamy Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms

1 Comment

davidpdx
davidpdx April 7, 2012

I have made these several times and they were always a big hit as an appetizer. I agree that 45 min is too much; I baked mine 15-20 minutes and they were great. (I also had a bit of leftover filling; I used it next day as a sandwich filling; yum.)