🔕 🔔

I do all the time and it turns out fine. I've recently been using organic cane sugar and that even worked fine as-is. It might depend on the recipe though. I make a pretty sturdy yellow cake that calls for it .... I just make sure to take my time incorporating it with the butter. The other suggestion is good though... I've used a coffee grinder to grind sugar finer.

D6c5fe52 3529 43c5 b928 f3a3d47a8430  image steph blue hair crop

Another thing to note is that grinding granulated sugar in your food processor will dull your blades, much like a sand blaster. Though in a pinch, it's a decent alternative if you just can't find superfine sugar. (see Shuna's note about about the actual differences in the two - listen to the pastry chef!)