🔕 🔔

Open face apple pie???

I make the best double crust apple pie in the world. Husband has requested open face for Easter. Wise? Filling modification?

asked by gege 1 over 5 years ago

Ff3b4671 57d5 48f9 a8b7 8f1972ca1bc8  segur pic new

You could try something really French , simple and rustic - a tarte tatin. It's very quick to make and delicious to eat. I often make it as a quick dinner party dessert when I've spent far too long preparing other courses. Here is a link to my rustic tarte tatin: http://www.segur-le-chateau...

B462305c 6106 4c23 a03c 3ecfb043a9dc  inished tart use this three

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I make an open face pie with a crumb topping. After you layer in you apples, you pile on a topping of butter cut into flour and tossed with sugar and spices. Bake it at 400 for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 and bake it for another hour. Put the pie pan on a large baking sheet in the oven to catch drips. Good luck!

Thank you both.