A question about a recipe: Zesty Herbed Chicken Broth

6d396807 6cea 4ce9 ae89 2cda3517f4b1  030910f 616

I have a question about the recipe "Zesty Herbed Chicken Broth" from lechef. I was able to pick-up (2) chicken carcasses from my butcher, and am unsure if I should follow this recipe with the raw carcasses, which still have some meat on them - or should I roast them in the oven for a bit before starting the stock recipe.

asked by ladylinks over 6 years ago

How much of a hurry are you in? You can make chicken broth from raw chicken, but roasting first imparts depth and flavor to the broth. I'd roast the carcasses first if I had the time.

Like drbabs said, you'll get amazing flavor if you have the time to roast the bones.