A question about a recipe: Zesty Herbed Chicken Broth

6d396807 6cea 4ce9 ae89 2cda3517f4b1  030910f 616

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Zesty Herbed Chicken Broth" from lechef. It says:

"Once chicken is cooked, and falling off the bone, strain the broth. Reserve the chicken to make chicken noodle soup!"

The recipe says to use the chicken carcass, so I don't understand "falling off the bone" What is there left on the carcass to fall off the bone. I assumed you were supposed to remove remaining meat before simmering carcass.

asked by Janran2 over 7 years ago

lechef

I use a chicken that has already been carved for dinner the day before, but there are always morsels of chicken meat that you miss. Once you pull out the "carcass" you can usually find a cup or so of good meat per carcass, which is worth saving to throw into chicken soup. Hope that helps! -LeChef