🔕 🔔

Side Dish Suggestions

Looking for suggestions for side dishes for Calves Liver entree.

asked by Miafoodie over 5 years ago

B8f19483 b6dd 4ee8 b288 d1e5d79af410  face

Oven roasted Broccoli tossed with EVOO and some minced garlic. Pair with mashed potatoes that have been boiled with some chopped onions and mashed together with cream cheese and cream. Comfort food at its best.

07ca8234 0b84 4759 9d5c f37604c108fb  barb

allans, thanks for the inspiration . . . .it sounds yummy and will compliment the liver.
thanks

C6b81eff a48c 43bf 8ccc c8643f0a7951  img 0138

These mashed potatoes with caramelized onion would pair nicely: http://food52.com/recipes....
Or, try these griddled polenta cakes: http://food52.com/recipes...

gourmettenyc, love the idea of the mashed potatoes with caramelized onions because I always make them when having liver. perfect and with allans roasted broccoli, I'm all set. thanks

First of all, congratulations on being able to find calves liver. Caramelized onions of course. But alas I remain unconvinced on the broccoli. Sorry, but I don't think it matches well. Instead I'd suggest mushrooms sauteed in butter with fresh thyme. Also I would suggest small roasted potatoes with sea salt and rosemary as a preference over mashed. I love organ meats! Bring it!

pierino, thanks for your suggestions. I don't know if congratulations are in order as the only calves liver I could find was -frozen- organic liver at Whole Foods!! Intend to cook it tomorrow evening will let you know how good it tastes. I have to agreed about the broccoli, but the mash potatoes (without the cream cheese)
are on the menu so far, as well as the caramelized onions.
Love the idea of the mushrooms w/butter & fresh thyme. . .yum.