How do you cook liver

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

What type of liver? Beef, veal, pork? The familiar method would be a pan sautee with onions. But there are a lot of things you can do with liver.

Many of which can't be mentioned here. . .

'Chicken fried' Basically a term for a fried chicken like batter and shallow fried like a chicken fried steak with a carmalized onions and peppers in a white gravy.
Which is really better when you use chicken livers so they're little popcorn shrimp type fried things instead of slabs of liver 'steaks'.
But I'm not too wild about liver with an exception for the fried chicken livers.
Liver is best in Pâté for me.

ATG117

You can make a delectable chunky, chopped liver by sauteing the chicken livers until they are basically cooked through. Then combine them with caramelized onions, chopped hard boiled eggs, thinly sliced scallions, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crackers or a nutty multi-grain toast. yum