🔕 🔔

Anyone know of any good recipes using fresh strawberries?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Search this site under recipes for "strawberries" there are TONS

I like to serve them whole with a cream dip of 3 parts sour cream and 1 part sugar + a dash or two of vanilla extract. It's an incredibly easy and delicious dip. Don't limit the dipping to just strawberries, green grapes are fantastic with this dip as well.

The other thing I like to do with strawberries is to macerate them in a little balsamic vinegar, sugar, and a pinch of black pepper. Try it with the pepper, it works.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

My dip is to have one bowl of sour cream, one bowl of brown sugar. Dip the strawberry in sour cream, then the brown sugar. Delicious. And the above suggestions for vanilla and other fruit choices are good. I don't know why two bowls tastes better than one, but I think so!

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

We do the same -- although have moved from sour cream to Greek yoghurt -- and EVERYONE loves it! Super easy; super quick and a total crowd pleaser.

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

Just this evening I made lavender biscuits to go with strawberries. I used cake flour and then whole wheat (regular) flour instead of whole wheat pastry flour...lovely! http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Similar to HalfPint's idea: use really expensive balsamico from Modena (you know, the $100 bottle), but don't macerate. Use an eye dropper to add it and finish with black pepper. At least that's how they would do it in Modena. Where I live now strawberries are the biggest cash crop with much of it being shipped to the east coast owing to the crazy weather back there.