🔕 🔔

no lemongrass stalk

looking for a substitute

asked by sheredel over 5 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

What's the recipe you need it for? You could use lemon zest to get a similar citrusy perfume, but it won't be exactly the same. I've also heard that a combination of mint leaves, fresh ginger and lime juice is also a good substitute.

F74e20ae 3da8 46eb b05e 76ef17741370  img 0777 2

toful broc/carrots curry type dish with coconut milk.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Depending on where you live, your supermarket might have Lemongrass paste in the produce section.
It's pricy but keeps well. My Publix, Target and wal-mart has it. I find it easier to incorporate in some dishes like rice and has a great taste. Gourmet Garden is the brand name, it's in chilled section in produce near the jarred dressings. http://www.gourmetgarden...
On the sitemap there's a store locator, I hope this help.