The pie emoji is coming! Hear how we helped change history. »
🔕 🔔

Sous Chef

I want to bottle a Ketchup that I know would sell .Does anyone know where I could make,label ,and protect my Ideal.

asked by Pragg almost 5 years ago

There are lots of graphic design programs for free on the web you can use to make your label.

401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

Patenting (as opposed to branding) a ketchup is pretty tricky as it is a generic term that has been around for centuries. Your formula would have to be extremely unique and it might take a century to protect your rights. Even if it's successful someone is going to reverse engineer it anyway. Most condiment startups begin with bottling in one's own home kitchen and selling door to door (think sriracha "Rooster" sauce). Once you can afford it then you can move on to buy or lease a facility that will do an assembly line bottling job which must be USDA inspected.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Test market at a farmers market. You can create your own labels at home.