🔕 🔔

How do you store mushrooms

asked by TracieIzumi about 6 years ago

3162c11b e070 4795 95d1 fd9492a6b582  lulusleep

I usually keep mine in the fridge. In a paper bag, in the crisper.

Keep them in the container they came in from the store and cover with a paper towel

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

I like to take them out of their original container (if it's one of those styrofoam ones that's been shrink-wrapped) to make sure there are no slimy ones hiding in the bottom. I transfer them to a plastic storage bag with a paper towel inside and try to use them within a few days. If they're in a paper bag, just leave them there, as babytiger said, in the crisper.