How do you store mushrooms

asked by TracieIzumi over 6 years ago

babytiger

I usually keep mine in the fridge. In a paper bag, in the crisper.

chef of the future 2000

Keep them in the container they came in from the store and cover with a paper towel

petitbleu

I like to take them out of their original container (if it's one of those styrofoam ones that's been shrink-wrapped) to make sure there are no slimy ones hiding in the bottom. I transfer them to a plastic storage bag with a paper towel inside and try to use them within a few days. If they're in a paper bag, just leave them there, as babytiger said, in the crisper.