I put too much cayenne pepper in my split pea soup. Is there a way to tone it down please?

asked by Nessa about 6 years ago

Can you add more of everything else till it tastes the way you want?

Nessa

No. It's already a big pot of soup. But thank you for taking the time to offer help!!

janet S

Add a potato.

ChefOno

Heavy cream.

Nessa

Thank you everyone. I had heard about the potato, but I thought that was to make something less salty. As it turned out, the soup was overly thick anyway, so as I gradually added water to it, it seemed to turn down the heat. Thanks everyone!!!

stackpointer

Sometimes lime or citric taste helps counter spice. Depends in your soup, try on a small portion first.