🔕 🔔

What to do with butter and chocolate

I'm making a new cupcake recipe and I accidentally melted 6 T butter, 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate and 1 & 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the 1/2 cup the recipe called for. I'm not an experienced baker, but I knew that the ratio was off enough to start over. But is there anything I can do with the "mistake" mixture? I know it's not a big deal but I hate wasting stuff so I just thought I'd see if anyone had a brilliant idea....

asked by MTMitchell over 5 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

If you have more chocolate and butter, you could make a double batch of these, just adding a little less sugar to compensate for the sugar in the chocolate chips. http://food52.com/recipes... Or, if you have heavy cream lying around, you could make truffles.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

I use about 50/50 melted butter and chocolate to make the ganache/glaze i use for dipping or filling cookies or glazing a cake.No prob freezing it as well.

164ae6cf b233 45ae a461 8d7543fae705  melissa mitchell

Yay!! Thank you both. I made a few truffles to go with the cupcakes (gilding the lily a little but...) and froze the rest. I'm glad to nor have had to waste it.

A7132580 ab6d 4637 9b1a ed4f3f514400  scplogoblog

Chocolate fondue with fresh fruit, nuts, croissant or make your own Nutella kind of thing. What a problem to have! Yum.