🔕 🔔

Chocolate dump-it cake by Amanda substitution

I want to bake Amanda's chocolate dump-it cake from Cooking for Mr Latte and New York Times Cook Book. I only have semi-chocolate chips. Do you think is it okay to use them instead of unsweetened? One more thing, does this batter work in cupcake molds?
Thanks!

asked by mayuchico almost 6 years ago

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

I think the batter would work great in cupcake molds, but switching from unsweetened to semi-sweet chips scares me. Unless you like pretty sweet stuff, it probably won't work well. Some people might recommend reducing the sugar, but sugar acts as a "wet" ingredient, so the cake would then be less moist overall, which isn't good.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Yes to both! If you use the chocolate chips reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup.

A75f098f f777 4d86 85cc 5dbb75951916  smallsyshi

JessicaBakes & Amanda,

Thank you for your answers. I baked with sweetened chocolate, and they came out great too!