🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Enchiladas Verdes (Green Enchiladas)

C2166c9a 77d5 4eb4 9409 9710e220c152  roastedchile

I have a question about the recipe "Enchiladas Verdes (Green Enchiladas)" from MuyBueno. The recipe calls for Anaheim chiles but I wonder if I can substitute those with Poblanos, which are a little easier to source. Is there significant difference between these two chiles? Thanks in advance.

asked by Sugartoast over 5 years ago

Dc6dab61 0a80 4308 b0cf d5d06d9d7ac1  kroka kitchen

Yes you can substitute poblano chiles. There may be a subtle difference in flavor and poblanos tend to be hotter.

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

I concur. You'll find more heat difference (of which there is little anyway) between batches of chiles than between these two.

Yes, that would be a sensible substitution. But perhaps at some point you might want to roast some different types of fresh chiles and get a sense of which best appeals to your own palate.