🔕 🔔

How do you make calzone?

asked by @kitclyde1 almost 7 years ago

B6a74962 31fc 4e50 b866 0ea34483cfb8  fb avatar

http://www.foodnetwork...

I LOVE to make calzones and it took me a long time to figure out exactly how I wanted to do it (kind of cheeses, sauce inside or not, etc).

Take pizza dough (fresh is best, but the refridgerated, rolled kind works fine in this application and makes for a FAST weeknight meal) and lay it out in a circle. On one half, starting 1 inch in from the edge, layer your non-cheese filling. Leave the other half empty. I like to use a layer of pepperoni, then a layer of sliced, uncooked mushrooms, then a few kalamata olives. Then put some ricotta on top. Then add a bunch of mozzerela on top of that. I like to put the cheese on top, so as it cooks it melts down into your filling. Sprinkle with a bit of kosher salt. Fold the unfilled half over the filling and crimp the edges around it. Cut a few slits on top and cook at 450 for 12 mins or so. Heat sauce of your choice and serve on the side.

For a fun food gathering, have a bunch of folks over and offer a calzone making bar. Good times will be had by all.