🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Allium Bisque with Frizzled Leeks & Rosemary

97eeb00f 5ab2 4dd7 8dfb 98b2973078c9  onion bisque 006

I have a question about the recipe "Allium Bisque with Frizzled Leeks & Rosemary" from Nourished Kitchen.
Where does the head of garlic come in?

asked by luna2121 over 5 years ago

The head of garlic is actually the root of the garlic plant.

My bad, I didn't read your question correctly. No more coffee for me ;)

19f2e275 c635 488f 8322 530158a23e00  food52

I'm just guessing that the author left it out of the recipe by accident.

I would say that you throw the garlic in during the last minute of sweating the vegetables. It doesn't take long to make minced garlic fragrant and you dont want to burn it, so its typically added near the end of the sweating step for a recipe like this. If I had to re-write step one, it would look like this:

1) Melt ghee in a heavy-bottomed skillet over a moderate flame, then toss in rosemary, sliced leek, shallots and onion. Sweat the onion, leek and shallots in ghee until fragrant and tender about four minutes. Add the garlic and continue to sweat an additional one minute, then remove rosemary and discard.

I am NOT the author however, this is just my guess.