🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Roast Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts

A571747a e60d 4dd4 b07a 408d4ba7ac80  food52 04 17 12 5954

I have a question about the recipe "Roast Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts" from drbabs.
I have fresh baby artichokes in the garden now and plan to use them in this recipe. Do I need to steam them first whole, then slice them and cook again in the sauce? I haven't used frozen artichokes.
Please advise.

asked by Dearinger over 5 years ago

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Frozen artichokes have been cooked so since you're using fresh I would definitely steam them whole and then slice and add to the sauce.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Lucky you! Yes, I think you should steam them first or they might not cook thoroughly. Enjoy!