A question about a recipe: Roast Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts

A571747a e60d 4dd4 b07a 408d4ba7ac80  food52 04 17 12 5954

I have a question about the recipe "Roast Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts" from drbabs.
I have fresh baby artichokes in the garden now and plan to use them in this recipe. Do I need to steam them first whole, then slice them and cook again in the sauce? I haven't used frozen artichokes.
Please advise.

asked by Dearinger about 6 years ago

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Frozen artichokes have been cooked so since you're using fresh I would definitely steam them whole and then slice and add to the sauce.

Lucky you! Yes, I think you should steam them first or they might not cook thoroughly. Enjoy!