🔕 🔔

How to prep fresh artichokes to be like frozen?

We have a favorite recipe that is prepared from frozen artichokes (you saute them with lemon and garlic in butter and oil till quite browned, then serve over polenta). However, we have moved to South America and cannot find them frozen anymore. I've never dealt with a raw artichoke before, but I'm willing to learn to be able to make this again.
What steps should I follow to get to the same state? Will I be able to just trim the green leaves and cut out the choke and proceed as normal?

asked by Angela 4 months ago

Here's a good guide: http://www.seriouseats...
I'm guessing you'd want the first method, "cleaning down to the hearts". Good luck!